Brewing Guide Clever Dripper
BREWING GUIDE - CLEVER DRIPPER
What it is:
A Japanese-made cone dripper where the coffee steeps in a cone shape filter and is then filtered into a cup.
The secret behind the Clever Coffee Dripper is the "Patent Amazing Shut-Off System". (It says so on the box.)
A light roast with medium to high acidity such as a Natural Ethiopian or perhaps a darker roasted Colombian for more complex flavours.
Grind as you would for Cafetiere.
How much coffee:
How long it should brew:
How to brew:
- Place the filter paper inside of the brewer and rinse it thoroughly to remove any paper flavour or other residue.
- Boil the kettle, water should be about 93-94 degrees.
- Grind your coffee coarsely and add about 22g to the filter.
- Add 360ml / 12 oz water, cover and wait 1 minute, remove the cover and stir. Cover and wait approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Lift the cover, stir the contents, and then refit the cover.
- Place the brewer on top of a mug and let the coffee drain into it.
- Once empty, remove the brewer and enjoy your coffee.
Why we like it:
It provides you with the ability to vary brew times to taste and for various coffees, something not possible with an ordinary filter/pour-over system. Its quick and easy to clean and no longer are you left with a pot of coffee that is stewing on a hot plate. Like the Aeropress, it's a great 1 cup brew method.